It can be difficult to find the time to deep clean your house, especially with a busy work life. As fall comes around, house cleaning might be at the front of your mind. Here at Enviropure, we have put together a great fall cleaning checklist to help you organize your thoughts into deep cleaning tasks that need to be accomplished for the upcoming season. Below, our fall cleaning checklist is divided into a few key sections within your home.
The kitchen is a high-traffic area in most homes. It’s extremely important to keep up with daily and weekly tasks for cleaning this space in your home. Below we’ll list some tasks that might slip out of your mind once the fall season comes around. It’s super important to declutter and deep clean around the fall time. Once you read our list below, you’ll see why!
- Clean out and organize your Tupperware drawer for the back-to-school season.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for your entire house, but especially in the kitchen.
- Now that barbeque and grilling season is over, make sure your kitchen is safe for the indoor cooing season.
- Deep clean your fridge and freezer. While you’re at it, clear things out to make room for the new season and upcoming festive meals. Fall and winter often come along with more stored and frozen foods too, so decluttering your fridge will be very helpful during this season.
- Organize your pantry and vacuum up crumbs and dust out of nooks, crannies, and drawers.
- Clean the exterior and interior of your oven.
- Take an inventory of your spices and toss away everything that’s expired or spoiled.
- Clean under and behind kitchen appliances.
Many people think cleaning their bathrooms regularly, such as once a week, will eliminate all germs and particles like a deep cleaning would. However, regular cleaning is completely different from doing a deep clean.
- Recycle empty bottles and containers of personal care products or makeup.
- Dispose of expired ointments and medications.
- Wash or replace your shower curtain and shower curtain liner if needed.
- Clean and vacuum storage, drawers, and countertops.
- Clean your shower and treat any mold or mildew. Don’t forget about the showerhead!
- Disinfect and clean surfaces around your toilet.
- Clean makeup brushes.
- Replace your toothbrushes if you haven’t done so in the past three months.
- Turn and clean your mattress. Ensure to vacuum the box springs and bed frame as well. At Enviropure, Mattress and upholstery cleaning services is something that we pride ourselves on. Our experts safely remove stains, mildew, odor, and pet hair from your furniture and mattresses.
- Wash or air out pillows.
- Break out your warmer bedding for the colder season.
- Launder and store away summer clothes to bring in fall and winter clothing.
- Check and clean the gutters of your home.
- Clean and store outdoor furniture.
- Winterize outdoor pools and water features.
- Clean windows and patio door screens to get rid of dust, cobwebs, and dead bugs.
- Rake your leaves if you haven’t already, and do your fall gardening tasks if applicable.
- Replace your furnace and air filters. Here is a great resource on changing air filters to help you out with this task.
- Dust and clean the baseboards of your home.
- Dust and clean fixtures like lampshades, chandeliers, etc.
- Dust books, bookshelves, TV stands, tables, and decor.
- Wash throw pillow covers and couch blankets.
- Wash and disinfect your garbage cans.
- Dust your live plants, and wash your fake plants.
- Clean your rugs and carpets. Enviropure Home Services can provide you with reliable and thorough carpet cleaning services.
- Clean or vacuum your curtains.
House Cleaning Services and Deep Cleaning with Enviropure
We hope this fall cleaning checklist was helpful! Even though this is a seasonal checklist and doesn’t include daily or weekly cleaning tasks, the list can still feel quite overwhelming!
Life can get busy with work, kids, and personal life, so if things are too hectic, you can hire Enviropure to get house cleaning services done for you! Enviropure Home Services has been the premiere Ottawa home cleaning service for 9 years in a row. All of our cleaning teams are specially trained to give you the best home cleaning service you can dream of.
We specialize in general cleaning, deep cleaning, and house cleaning. If you don’t have the time or energy to clean your whole house, we can take that burden off your shoulders by doing it better and faster than anyone in the market.
We currently offer services in Ottawa, Orleans, Barrhaven, Kanata, Nepean, Stittsville, and Blackburn Hamlet. Whatever your needs may be, Enviropure has a solution, so contact us now for a FREE consultation.