Table of Contents
The art of move-in move-out cleaning is much more than a fast sweep and dust. It’s a meticulous dance that covers every corner, cranny, and outdoor space, ensuring that the property is ready for new tenants or the owner’s departure. If you are moving in it is your golden opportunity to make sure the home is spotless as can be before you move all your furniture in. If you are moving out, a good clean-up is a wonderful gift or at least a small courtesy you can pay to the new tenants or owners.
The team at Enviropure Home Services will explore the complicated checklist of cleaning duties to complete during a move-in or move-out scenario in this blog.
General Tips for Move-in and Move-out Cleaning
Dust and Wipe
- Wipe down surfaces with microfiber towels or dusters.
- To avoid damage, use suitable cleansers for different surfaces (wood, glass, plastic, etc).
- Thoroughly clean the shelves to eliminate any dust or debris.
- Wipe down countertops with appropriate cleaners, giving special attention to spills and stains.
- Dust window sills and ledges, paying special attention to corners.
- Wipe down baseboards or use a vacuum brush attachment to clean them.
Walls and Ceilings
- Use a microfiber cloth or duster to dust the walls and ceilings.
- Employ a light cleaning solution and a sponge/cloth to remove any stains or blemishes.
- Pay careful attention to corners since they tend to gather dust and stains.
- Use a duster with an extension handle or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove cobwebs.
Doors and Knobs
- If the doors are dirty, wipe them off with a moist cloth or a suitable cleaner.
- thoroughly clean the knobs using a disinfectant spray or wipes.
- Examine for scuff marks and, if necessary, use a magic eraser or a light abrasive cleanser.
Light Fixtures and Switches
- Turn off the power to avoid mishaps.
- Remove light fixtures carefully and clean them with a mild soap solution or a suitable cleaner.
- Wipe down light switches and sockets with a moist cloth. Make sure they are entirely dry before putting the power back on.
- Using a vacuum or a brush, remove dust and debris from window frames and tracks.
- Use a glass cleaner or a solution of water and vinegar to clean the windows inside and out.
- Dust or vacuum blinds or drapes, or follow special care recommendations for washing.
- Vacuum all floors to remove any loose debris, giving special attention to corners and edges.
- Mop the floors using a cleanser appropriate for the flooring type (wood, tile, laminate, etc.).
- For tough stains, use a scrub brush or an appropriate cleanser. To avoid stains or water damage, completely dry the flooring.
- Remove shelves and drawers from the refrigerator for a thorough cleaning. Clean and dry all surfaces before reinstalling.
- Use suitable cleansers or self-cleaning cycles to clean the inside of the oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Wipe off the exterior of the appliances with a moist towel or an appropriate cleaner.
Cabinets and Drawers
- Cabinets and drawers should be empty. Wipe down interior and exterior surfaces to remove crumbs or spills.
- Use an appropriate cleanser to clean the handles or knobs.
- Backsplash and countertops:
- Scrub the counters with a mild cleaner suitable for the material (granite, laminate, etc.).
- Pay close attention to the backsplash; remove any oil or stains.
- To remove stains or buildup, use a light abrasive cleanser or baking soda.
- Using a suitable cleaner, polish the faucets and fittings.
Bathroom Spots To Clean When Moving Out
- Scrub the interior of the toilet bowl thoroughly with a toilet bowl cleaning.
- Disinfect the toilet seat, lid, and exterior with a disinfectant cleanser.
- Scrub tiles and grout with an appropriate cleanser to remove soap scum and mildew.
- Properly rinse the area to avoid residue accumulation.
Sink and Vanity
- Remove any toothpaste stains or residue from sink surfaces by wiping them down with an appropriate cleanser.
- Use a glass cleaner or a solution of water and vinegar to clean mirrors.
Cabinets and Drawers
- Remove any toiletry residues or dust from cupboards and drawers by emptying and wiping them off.
- Ensure appropriate drying to avoid moisture accumulation.
- If applicable, turn off the electricity to the fan.
- Remove the vent cover and carefully clean it, removing any dust and dirt.
- Clean the fan blades and surrounding region with a vacuum cleaner or moist cloth.
Exterior/Outdoor Areas to Clean before You Move in Or Move Out
- Sweep the whole area to remove leaves, dirt, and trash.
- If necessary, use a power washer to remove stubborn stains or filth.
- Check for any loose boards or nails that may require repair.
- Declutter by arranging goods, discarding superfluous items, and packaging belongings neatly if applicable.
- Thoroughly sweep or vacuum the flooring.
- Think about cleaning up any oil spills or spots on the garage floor.
- Mow the lawn to an equal height, covering all areas.
- Remove any overgrown branches from plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Remove any apparent material like fallen leaves or branches.
- Clean the outside of the windows using a window cleaner or a solution of water and vinegar.
- Remove dirt and cobwebs from the window sills and frames.
Additional Tips for Move-in and Move-Out Cleaning
Start High, End Low: Before addressing lower areas, begin by dusting or cleaning high surfaces such as ceilings, light fixtures, and shelves. This keeps dust and debris from landing on previously cleaned lower surfaces.
Use Proper Cleaning Agents: To avoid damage or discoloration, use cleaning products that are suited to the surfaces being cleaned (wood, glass, metal, etc.).
Keep Supplies Handy: Put all of the cleaning items you’ll need in a caddy or container for convenient access. This guarantees that you have everything you need for a complete cleaning that is free of distractions.
Enviropure Home Services – Move In/Move Out Cleaning Services
Are you getting ready to start over in a new place or saying goodbye to a familiar one? Please contact us at Enviropure Home Services to handle the minute aspects of your Ottawa move-in or move-out cleaning!
Our skilled crew specializes in the art of comprehensive cleaning, ensuring that every inch of your space, from the nooks to the high-traffic areas, receives painstaking attention. We leave no area unturned, from sparkling kitchen equipment to revitalizing bathrooms, cleaning up exterior spaces to assuring pristine interiors. Take the fuss out of your Ottawa move-in or move-out cleaning. Enviropure Home Services will make sure your place is spotless and ready for the next chapter of your adventure. Contact us now to arrange your cleaning appointment and see the difference for yourself!